This week has been action-packed in the world of MMA news (mixed martial arts). The following are some of the most interesting stories that have captured our attention.
- 1. A big upset at UFC London as Brad Pickett was defeated by Marlon Vera
- Anderson Silva was released from the hospital and said he wants to fight again
- 3. Daniel Cormier says he’s not sure if he’ll re-sign with the UFC when his contract expires
What’s Trending on MMA Reddit?
You know, it’s been quite an eventful few days in the MMA world. Here are the top stories that are trending on MMA Reddit:
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor is officially on
- Brock Lesnar flagged by USADA for a potential doping violation
- Gegard Mousasi signs with Bellator
- Cris “Cyborg” Justino wants to fight Ronda Rousey at Wrestlemania
Which one are you most interested in?
That concludes our round-up. Make sure to check out the MMA Reddit page if you’d like further information.
MMA Reddit world is all about the big newsmakers.
There was the big rematch between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz that everyone was talking about. To put it mildly, this rematch between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz is going to be tremendous.
And then there was the bombshell news that Brock Lesnar is coming back to the UFC. This is a huge deal because Lesnar is one of the biggest Show names in MMA history. He’s a former UFC Heavyweight Champion, and his return is sure to shake things up in the world of MMA.
So if you’re a fan of Junkie MMA, make sure you check out these stories and see what all the fuss is about.
UFC’s New Partnership with ESPN+ Affects Fight Fans
It is possible that you are asking what this implies for you, the devoted MMA enthusiast. No need to be concerned. Let us worry about that.
Basically, starting with UFC 222 on March 3, all UFC pay-per-views will be available on ESPN+. So if you want to watch the fights live, you’ll need to have an ESPN+ subscription.
But that’s not all. In addition, to live fights, you’ll also get exclusive access to original content from the UFC, including documentaries, behind-the-scenes footage, and more.
So if you’re an MMA fan, ESPN+ is definitely worth checking out.
Bellator’s New Deal with DAZN and Promotion
What does Bellator’s new deal with DAZN mean for the promotion? You may be wondering the same thing.
Basically, Bellator has inked a multi-year agreement with the streaming service that will see DAZN become the exclusive home of Bellator in the U.S. starting in January 2019. That means all of Bellator’s major events will be shown on DAZN, including the welterweight world title bout between Rory MacDonald and Douglas Lima, which is set to take place on January 26.
As an MMA fan, what does this imply for you?
Well, for starters, it means that you’ll now have to pay for a subscription to DAZN if you want to watch Bellator events. And it also means that you’ll have to say goodbye to free prelims, as those will now only be available on Bellator’s website and app.
But on the plus side, this deal could lead to bigger and better things for Bellator. With more money to work with, the promotion can hopefully invest in more top-level talent and put on more marquee events.
Bits from a UFC Event in Austin, Texas
Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
– Donald Cerrone vs. Yancy Medeiros
– Derrick Lewis vs. Marcin Tybura
– Francisco Trinaldo vs. James Vick
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
– Thiago Alves vs. Curtis Millender
– Steven Peterson vs. Brandon Da
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
– Geoff Neal vs. Brian Camozzi
– Islam Makhachev vs. Kajan Johnson
– Dmitry Smolyakov vs. Aleksandar Rakic
Top MMA Twitter Moments
It was a big week for MMA news, and you were all over it. Here are some of the top Twitter moments from the past.
First up, there was the big news that Conor McGregor has been stripped of his UFC featherweight championship. In a statement, the UFC said that “McGregor’s inability to previous compete has impacted the division.”
In other news, Joanna Jedrzejczyk retained her UFC strawweight championship with a unanimous decision win over Tecia Torres. And UFC newcomer Volkan Oezdemir knocked out Jimi Manuwa in just 42 seconds.
Finally, in an interview with Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour, Dana White revealed that the UFC is currently in talks with Anderson Silva about a potential fight. So what do you think? Will Silva vs. McGregor 2 happen? Let us know.
MMA News Conclusion
MMA news world was eventful, to say the least. A number of big stories broke and caught the attention of the MMA community. Here are some of the top stories, according to MMA Reddit.
1) Brock Lesnar is facing a possible one-year suspension from USADA after testing positive for a banned substance.
2) Conor McGregor was caught on video throwing a dolly through the window of a bus carrying UFC fighters.
3) Tyron Woodley has called out Colby Covington for a title shot.
4) Gegard Mousasi has filed a lawsuit against Bellator MMA and Viacom for unpaid royalties.
5) Demetrious Johnson has vacated his UFC flyweight title.
In your perspective, which of these is most critical? Tell us in the comments!